[josm-dev] JOSM 7777 released, with the new logo + help needed for an OSM blog post

Vincent Privat vincent at josm.openstreetmap.de
Wed Dec 10 19:56:29 UTC 2014

The November version is now available (a bit late!) as version 7777, with
our great new logo :)

I won't repeat the changelog here, see the annoucement for details:
https://www.openstreetmap.org/user/josmeditor/diary/28201

Instead I'd like to ask if someone would help Harry Wood to write a small,
non-technical, blog post about JOSM.

If I quote him:

on http://blog.openstreetmap.org

> Just a quick non-tech overview of what JOSM is. I guess any other
interesting information in and around this logo design work. So I've
started drafting something here:

https://hackpad.com/A-new-logo-for-JOSM-the-Java-OpenStreetMap-Editor-m1pum0nqE4n
> (very simple and non-technical you see)

> I doesn't need to be a long blog post though, so too many editors might
make it too long. I will have to chop bits out if that happens.

> My aim would be to post it ~next 48 hours.

So if someone's available to help him quickly, go ahead! That's another way
to help JOSM :)

Cheers,
Vincent