[josm-dev] source on changeset

Jo winfixit at gmail.com
Wed Jan 1 23:07:48 UTC 2014

Hi,

I'm running josm-latest. Lately it became more convenient to add sources to
changesets. With the very latest, it takes the names of the imagery layers,
instead of the one used the last time.

Maybe this makes sense the very first time JOSM is started, but having to
change it to what I want to put there on every upload gets a bit annoying.

I have several imagery layers, Bing of course, but for the region I map in
mostly we have better imagery available. We also have a WMS with
streetnames, city borders, which I simply called AGIV ALL, since I selected
most of its available layers. That wouldn't mean anything in the source
tag, though.

My imagery layers don't have suitable names anyway and the layer I'm using
as a source, is an .osm layer (one I created with a Python script). Is
there an xml tag one could use to indicate it is 'source' data?

I'm using:

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<osm version="0.6" upload="no" generator="Python script">

Maybe source="Origin of data"?

Polyglot