[josm-dev] source on changeset

Jo winfixit at gmail.com
Thu Jan 2 01:02:14 UTC 2014

Hi Simon,

I added

  <changeset>
   <tag k="source" v="My datasource"/>
  </changeset>

to my OSM XML file.

This doesn't have an effect on the source tag which gets proposed in the
upload dialog though. I'm using version 6581. (It took forever for it to
simply display that about screen...)

There might be a misunderstanding: I'm never uploading from that generated
OSM file directly, hence the upload=no on it.

I'm selectively copy/pasting information from it to my work layer. (a file
with relevant data downloaded with Overpass). So the file generated by the
Python script can be seen as a source, like imagery.

Anyway, the first message in this thread was to indicate I don't like it
that the source tag on the changeset always gets filled with the names of
the imagery layers when the upload dialog is shown. It was better when it
showed the latest value the user put there, as it was 2 weeks ago in
josm-latest.

Polyglot