[josm-dev] Happy new year and a lot of thanks

Vincent Privat vincent.privat at gmail.com
Thu Jan 2 19:46:35 UTC 2014

Hello,

Thank you, Dirk, and happy new year everyone !

I didn't do all the work :) While I fixed a lot of minor bugs and added
many small changes, Simon and Alexei did a lot of more visible
enhancements, they deserve many thanks as well :)
Special thanks also to everyone who help us to manage the overwhelming
amount of tickets, to write presets patches, to translate both wiki and
software, or simply report bugs. You have no idea how helpful you are if
you contribute in these areas.
It's good also to see new people contributing to JOSM ecosystem by
providing new plugins. Notes plugin is a nice example of a feature we
didn't have time to work on but that can be used by everyone thanks to
other developers, thank you !

Apart of software changes for end-users, 2013 has brought a couple of nice
things for us developers:
- a new server !
- continuous integration
- usage statistics with OS marketshare
- a free code signing certificate
- milestones

What I expect to see for sure in 2014:
- a free website certificate (should be soon, stay tuned !)
- move to Java 7

What I'd love to see this year:
- move to Transiflex. Launchpad is more and more inadequate for us with its
very poor performance and the apparent non-willingness to improve it.
- more translators. Hoping that a Launchpad migration would help.
- a new logo ! if someone knows a good artist, let him know about ticket
#6896 :)
- a way to test on Mac.

Finally, thanks to everyone using JOSM as their preferred editor. Happy new
mapping year !

Vincent