[josm-dev] license of data produced by JOSM

Tobias Wendorff tobias.wendorff at tu-dortmund.de
Thu Nov 20 14:45:44 UTC 2014

Am Do, 20.11.2014, 14:11 schrieb Serge Wroclawski:
> As other have pointed out, Josm itself has no restrictions, but for
> example, Bing imagery does. You can't use it for non-OSM projects
> AFAIK, as an example.
>
> And of course there are data license issues with various data sources.

Yeah, I know. The clients I'm working with have access to other aerial
data and other map sources. Those can't be used with OSM the other way
around :)

For those, who ever worked with a CAD or professional GIS system, JOSM
is a great alternative for mapping or changing data.

Did you ever try to move a polyline (linestring) with an area (polygon)
attached to it in ArcGIS? There are some limited functions for topology,
but JOSM is faaar beyond this.