[josm-dev] JOSM 7643 released

Vincent Privat vincent at josm.openstreetmap.de
Tue Oct 21 21:00:59 UTC 2014

The October version is now available as version 7643.

Before talking about it, some few words about the logo contest. Submissions
are over and I'd like again to thank everyone who participated. We were
really astonished by the number of people who sent us a design :) We are
now in the final phase and still deciding who the winner(s) will be. Stay
tuned, the new logo may appear during the development of the November
release.

Also, welcome to Klumbumbus who joined the team and who is behind nearly
all the preset/map stuff of this release.

Back to the new version. Well it's mainly a bugfix release, here's the
changelog:

* minor enhancements
  * Presets/Map styles:
    * Added `amenity=shower`, `leisure=firepit`, `shop=antiques`,
`building=cowshed`, `barrier=kerb`, `sport=scuba_diving`
    * New icon for `amenity=fountain`, `highway=raceway`
    * Render `railway=construction`
    * New advanced boolean preference `taggingpreset.display-keys-as-hint`
to display/hide OSM keys in preset UI
  * Remote Control:
    * New `load_data` handler to load OSM data directly from URL
  * Add "Help/Report bug" menu entry. Please always use this feature to
report bugs!
* major bugs
  * Fix keyboard shortcuts issues
  * Combine ways: conflicts dialog not shown

Summarized changelog:
https://josm.openstreetmap.de/wiki/Changelog#a2014-10-21:Stablereleaser764314.10

Complete changelog:
https://josm.openstreetmap.de/log/josm/?action=stop_on_copy&mode=stop_on_copy&rev=7643&stop_rev=7589&limit=200