[josm-dev] new confirmation dialog for presets

Eric Ladner eric.ladner at gmail.com
Sat Sep 13 12:51:28 UTC 2014

Along this same vein, I have always wondered if it was possible to set
defaults on a preset.  For example, when you click "bridge", it shows the
dialog, which is fine, and I don't really mind clicking on "ok", but it
would be really nice if the dialog defaulted to bridge=yes and layer=1 (the
most common, IMO - four clicks to set, otherwise).

Is that possible as a local configuration?

Thanks,

Eric

On Sat, Sep 13, 2014 at 6:11 AM, Jo <winfixit at gmail.com> wrote:

> OK, sorry for the tone. Simply wanted to convey it was rather annoying and
> totally disrupted my workflow.
>
> I prepare data with tags that will be removed automatically upon upload,
> created a MAPCSS style which makes them clearly visible and a preset to
> take away those tags, as in a todo list. I'm adding thousands of bus stops,
> but I want to vet each and every one of them to make sure they are in the
> right place.
>
> Thanks for all the good work on JOSM.
>
> Jo

> > On Sat, 13 Sep 2014, Jo wrote:
> >
> >  I created some presets and added toolbar buttons for them to smoothen my
> >> workflow. I downloaded the latest version of JOSM and now a confirmation
> >> dialog appears each and every time. This is extremely annoying. The
> >> buttons
> >> on my toolbar for those presets were really convenient, but pressing OK
> >> hundreds of times a day is going to take away my willingness to keep
> >> contributing.
> >>

> > You should consider revising the tone you use in writing your mails.
> >

> > Ciao
> > --
> > http://www.dstoecker.eu/ (PGP key available)

Eric Ladner