[josm-dev] Similarly named ways

Jo winfixit at gmail.com
Sat Jan 3 17:55:45 UTC 2015

Hi,

Maybe this is wishful thinking, but I'd like to eliminate as many false
positives in the validator as possible.

On the one hand I'd like to ask where it is developed. I may be able to
lend a hand with the coding. There are some issues with bicycle and
hiking/foot route relations, where until now I just shrugged and glossed
over them, but it's better to fix it, as I'm noticing other contributors
also stumble across them.
I know a lot about how these route relations are used in The Netherlands,
Belgium and parts of Germany (numbered node networks).

On the other hand I'd like to propose a tag for nodes which are between
streets like (real examples):

Bruggesteenweg/Brugsesteenweg
Ooststraat/Weststraat

I don't think it makes sense to go through all the motions of proposing it
on tagging, but I'll document it on the wiki if you consider using it in
the validator.

It might be more convenient to tag it on both adjacent ways, but then it
would multiply when those ways are split.

So adding it on the connecting node seems cleaner.

It could be

note=similarly_named_ways_boundary

or

similarly_named_ways_boundary=yes

or

something else altogether, as long as the validator can recognise and use
it.

Cheers,

Polyglot