[josm-dev] Common presets for OSM editors?

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Thu Jun 25 12:40:57 UTC 2015

Hi,

On 06/25/15 11:16, Dirk Stöcker wrote:
> Actually ATM I see not a single advantage of a "we replace you stuff with
> a github project" proposal, but many many disadvantages.

I can see that this discussion is not going to go anywhere, and instead
simply irritate lots of people.

Can we not just have a plugin that replaces all of JOSM's presets with
those taken from some common-preset-github project in whatever language
and fashion supported by the project (and add code to JOSM core that
would allow the overwriting/removing of core presets by a plugin if
required)?

Then people could decide for themselves which set of presets they
prefer, and we wouldn't have to battle it out for them here.

In the long run, either everyone will use the github project set of
presets and we can kiss the JOSM ones with all their hand-curated
translation goodness goodbye, or everyone will keep using the JOSM
presets becasue they are simply better. Who knows what will happen.

Bye
Frederik