[josm-dev] Filename path in dialog

Holger Mappt holgerosm at gmx.net
Sun Mar 22 12:54:30 UTC 2015

Hi,

I'm working on a photo property dialog.  In that dialog I want to
display the full file path.  What is the best way to do that?  A long
path should be handled in a reasonable way.  E.g. with dots in the path,
wrapped into multiple lines, or something similar.  It would be perfect
if it is possible to select the path to copy it to the clipboard.

So far I use an ExtendedDialog.  For the path I tried JLabel, JTextArea,
and HtmlPanel.  But the problem is that the path is always shown in one
line if ExtendedDialog's placeContentInScrollPane is true.  The dialog
window is very wide if the path is long.  If the dialog width is reduced
the scroll bars appear, but it would be better if the element with the
path is scaled.  That scaling works to some extend if the scroll bars
are disabled, placeContentInScrollPane=false, but it still starts with
the full width.  Any other ideas?  Is there a good example?

Thanks,
Holger