[josm-dev] JOSM Version check source (VersionTest macro) to troubleshoot strange version

Dirk Stöcker openstreetmap at dstoecker.de
Fri Oct 9 15:32:44 UTC 2015

On Fri, 9 Oct 2015, Sebastiaan Couwenberg wrote:

> Is the source for the JOSM Version check, the VersionTest macro used in
> StartupPageSource wiki, available somewhere?

Yes. But not public :-)

> It currently is unable to handle the version used for the Debian package
> which is reported as a strange version:
>
> '8159 Debian nl) Linux Debian GNU/Linux unstable (sid'
>
> This was triggered by the addition of the Build-Name property to better
> identify the Debian builds.

Works now? Please check that it checks against tested and does not tell to
update unless there's really a newer one. SVN version already tell you
to update when a new latest is there.

> I suspect that the VersionTest regex doesn't support the use of the
> Build-Name property.

Nah, it was hardcoded to only "SVN". Sometimes it seems brain is turned
off when writing such code.