[josm-dev] JOSM Version check source (VersionTest macro) to troubleshoot strange version

Sebastiaan Couwenberg sebastic at xs4all.nl
Sat Oct 10 16:51:45 UTC 2015

On 10-10-15 16:04, Vincent Privat wrote:
> Speaking of Debian patches, I think you should also remove the "macosx"
> folder, like what is done for the "windows" folder.

I had considered that too when I reviewed the repacking rules in the
get-orig-source target, but decided not to bother for ~300 kB.

The binary JOSM.icns is not very usefull, so I've updated the
get-orig-source target to drop the macosx directory too for the next upload.

> You may also remove from build.xml the following targets: mac, distmac,
> distwin

These targets aren't called or depended upon, so there is no problem
keeping them. I prefer to keep the patches to only contain modifications
required for the Debian package build, removing the mac & windows
targets adds too much irrelevant bloat to the 00-build.patch.

> You can also remove xmltask.jar from tools directory (it is only used to
> build the OSX package)

The get-orig-source target already takes care of that, it removes all
jars included in the source tree.

Kind Regards,

Bas

--