[josm-dev] How to ask for confirmation at layer deletion or exit?

Holger Mappt holgerosm at gmx.net
Sat Jan 2 19:42:47 UTC 2016

If we never ask for confirmations then you would be able to quit JOSM
while it has modified data. There can be no notice about saved changes
at that point. The earliest time to display that notice would be the
next JOSM start. But the data might have changed on the server in the
meantime. In the worst case all your edits are worthless because you get
too many conflicts. To undo the changesets that cause the conflicts is
not an option.

I agree with you on the conceptional level, but I don't see how it can
be implemented in a sensible way.