[josm-dev] How to ask for confirmation at layer deletion or exit?

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Sat Jan 2 20:23:36 UTC 2016

sent from a phone

> Am 01.01.2016 um 21:37 schrieb Russ Nelson <nelson at crynwr.com>:
>
> Never ask for confirmations. It's never the right thing to do unless
> you're very short of resources, which we never are these days.

that's not exactly true, you can always come to the limits, especially when working with big datasets like geodata (or think people with outdated machines, e.g. in the developing world or in schools).

If you notice you are caching to the disk and try to free up some space by deleting a layer, the last thing you'd want is your app copying the layer to an undo stack.

cheers,
Martin