[josm-dev] JOSM 9900 released
simon.legner at gmail.com
Sun Mar 6 08:56:30 UTC 2016
on 2016-02-28 Vincent released version 9900 of JOSM. Now, one week
after follows the announcement. Containing 571 commits, this is the
largest release in the history of JOSM .
Major enhancements, as displayed on the startpage of JOSM, are:
- Drag & Drop support for the relation editor
- New button in relation editor to refresh the relation (e.g. after
splitting a way)
- The History dialog shows the old and new coordinates of a moved node on a map
- Automatic snap zoom to default resolution of background
- Extended support of different projections
There are many more less prominent changes. Check out the nicely
summarized changelog at .
Thanks to all for their development, documentation updates, issue
housekeeping, translations, and other contributions!
Note: the switch to OAuth as default authentication mechanism revealed
a bug causing the fully-automatic process to fail when using JOSM on
Windows via Java Web Start . Very likely, the bug has been around
since 2010 and remained undetected until very recently. In case you
are affected, try the semi-automatic mode or switch back to the Basic
More information about the josm-dev