[josm-dev] How do I edit big relations and detailed contours now that XML style is removed?

Ilya Zverev ilya at zverev.info
Mon Mar 28 12:49:43 UTC 2016

Hi,

Two weeks ago XML style and the corresponding infrastructure were removed from JOSM (see https://josm.openstreetmap.de/ticket/12282). I was a frequent user of that style, because it is much faster than the MapCSS one. Especially when there are hundreds thousands of nodes in a view.

Today I've tried to fix the multipolygon relation of lake Ladoga: https://josm.openstreetmap.de/ticket/12282 (2k members), and when zoomed out, JOSM works with 1 frame per 5 seconds, even for button presses. A month ago I would just enable the XML style and proceed to fix the relation. Now the only options seems to be enabling the wireframe mode. But it is too bare for any serious work.

So, is there a way to have a custom build with XML styles or to enable these the hard way?
Did removing XML styles make anything better in JOSM?

IZ