JOSM Translations

Dirk Stöcker openstreetmap at dstoecker.de
Sun Feb 19 13:19:19 UTC 2017

Hello,

I had a look at our translation statistics recently and I find it awful,
that there is no real progress to see, compared to the situation a few
years ago.

A few languages are well maintained, but already such common languages
like French and Spanish have large gaps.

Mainly a few individuals keep the whole translations business alive (many
thanks to these mostly unnamed heros BTW).

Does anybody have ideas how more translators could be attracted for the
languages which have many missing texts?

We do daily text uploads and although launchpad has issues from time to
time it usually is stable. The tools exist.

I think the main problem is that people aren't aware they could help and
are needed to do so.

Ciao