Moving tags in JOSM

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Thu Jun 8 10:07:39 UTC 2017

> (2) Is there a way of copying/moving tags from a node or way to a relation?
> Ideally something like "move tags to relation" -> "select tags to move" ->
> "select relation to move to (if more than one)" -> move. I am sometimes
> moving wikidata/wikipedia tags from nodes/ways to relations, and there
> doesn't seem to be a simpler way than manually copying them one by one.

you can copy tags from a way to a relation by first selecting the way and
copy it, then selecting the relation (e.g. by right clicking on the
relation name in the tags window, or by selecting it from the relations
window) and pasting tags (IIRR it's shift+ctrl+v), but it will overwrite
values of existing keys. You can also paste tags in the relation editor
(without needing to select the relation itself), first row of icons, "paste
tags". Both methods will overwrite existing tags AFAIR.

Cheers,
Martin