[GSoC] Project proposal

Michael Zangl openstreetmap at michael.fam-zangl.net
Mon Mar 13 10:13:18 UTC 2017

Hi Madhavan,

Using the ticket as a starting point is a good way to go. For the GSoC
project, you are free to suggest whatever you want - feel free to use
your creativity.

You are free to search the features for yourself. You could try to
improve the way Plugin Buttons integrate into JOSM (try installing all
available plugins and see how the tool bar and menu looks then).

You can have a look at other components as well - the tool bar, the side
menu, the context menus, tool bars of some dialogs, ...

In the end, there should be a proposal that covers what you want to do
in the 3 months of GSoC. This can be a short time so don't bring a list
that is too long, but simply moving some menu items would not be enough.
You can always mark things as optional.

If you have questions or some design proposals (Mock-Up, ...), feel free
to ask them here. You can also try using our ticket system (track) to
answer to that ticket or to create a new enhancement ticket if you feel
the need that something else should be changed. We use track a lot and
you will be working with it during GSoC to discuss patches/features.

Michael