[Legal-general] Introduction

Eric Wolf ebwolf at usgs.gov
Tue Jul 20 17:37:08 BST 2010

Landon,

Thanks for your input. If you don't mind, I may quote you in future
presentations (about your willingness to upload to USGS first).

The USGS is actively exploring options like this. We are putting together a
separate instance of the OSM stack in hopes that it may become the channel
for The National Map Corps to provide data. We are actually starting by
exploring using the OSM stack to support data interchange between the USGS
and state and local governments.

But my intent of posting here about PD was that working on something
separate from OSM is less than ideal. Getting the USGS or OSM to change
their license models to be compatible would be ideal.

-Eric

Eric B. Wolf                    New! 720-334-7734
USGS Geographer
Center of Excellence in GIScience
PhD Student
CU-Boulder - Geography