[OSM-legal-talk] The Future of the National Interest Mapping Services Agreement Beyond 2006

Wed Nov 1 12:23:36 GMT 2006

Mikel wrote:

> How will this affect the Ordnance Survey's position?
> Anyone have any idea which services have been covered by NIMSA?

cc:ed to Jo, who I think is the one person in the open mapping
movement who actually understands NIMSA. ;)

 From my brief first reading it looks like the end of the OS's
Government-funded obligation to map every part of the UK to a high
level of detail. Am I right in thinking this is likely to make the OS
behave even more like a private sector company, not less?

cheers
Richard