[OSM-legal-talk] INANAL - But these guys are

Tue Feb 27 09:27:01 GMT 2007

Lars Aronsson wrote:

> Richard Fairhurst wrote:
>
>> I'm guessing that it's useful to ask CC lawyers questions about
>> interpretation/meaning of a CC licence. I guess it's not useful to ask
>> them big-picture questions like "should we just go PD instead?".
>
> You're trying to make an abstract theory of a very easy and
> practial issue.  You simply cannot "go PD".  Dozens of OSM
> contributors would break your legs if you tried.

Yeah, I meant "gain agreement for future contributions to be licensed
as PD, then begin the long, slow, arduous process of seeking down the
existing copyright holders and seeing if they will relicense their
data"... but was trying to keep the length down.

cheers
Richard