[OSM-legal-talk] Rules for the foundation to hold data assigned to it under

Lars Aronsson lars at aronsson.se
Thu Jul 19 20:56:36 BST 2007

Robert (Jamie) Munro wrote:

> The first rule is (I imagine) non-negotiable:
>
> * The foundation will make the most up to date version of the data
> available in the form of a planet.osm file once a week under a CC-by-sa
> license with attribution of "The Open Street Map Foundation".

So far the planet.osm file was created by volunteers (Steve), just
like any other part of the community project.  The foundation has
been a legal holder of money and rights, but only performed the
work duties immediately connected to money and rights.  I think we
should think twice before we require that the foundation should
get involved in actual work with programming, servers or data.

--
  Lars Aronsson (lars at aronsson.se)