[OSM-legal-talk] we have a lawyer on the case :)

Peter Miller peter.miller at itoworld.com
Sat Jul 21 13:37:08 BST 2007

I am pleased to say that the foundation has now formally asked a legal
person to give his opinion on some core legal questions that we would like
clarified. The focus at this stage is on understanding how the CC BY SA
licence should (or could) be interpreted within an OSM context.

On completion of this work we will have explored a number of important 'Use
Cases' and will also have an opinion of whether they are possible or not. We
will also have an opinion of Attribution and on the data base rights vs
copyright rights question.

I will keep you posted,

Regards,

Peter