[OSM-legal-talk] Open Data Commons Database Licence

Jordan S Hatcher jordan at opencontentlawyer.com
Wed Sep 26 20:51:51 BST 2007

Thanks for the earlier comments -- saw them on the web and signed up
so that I could make a few points.

I posted a response to Rob's comments here:
http://www.opencontentlawyer.com/2007/09/25/open-data-commons-
questions-and-a-response/

There was some mention of attribution on the list, and I wanted to
clarify that in general, this is not an 'attribution' licence in the
sense that derivative databases must attribute to the original
database.  It does however require the notice mentioned in Section
4.3, which requires that output of data carry a notice as to source.

Thanks for the comments.  Also, I say that we created a discuss list
specifically for the licence if anyone is interested.

opencontentlawyer.com

Thanks!

~Jordan

____
Mr. Jordan S Hatcher, JD, LLM

jordan at opencontentlawyer dot com
IP/IT Blog: http://twitchgamer.net

Usage of Creative Commons by cultural heritage organisations
<http://www.eduserv.org.uk/foundation/studies/cc2007>

"The Impact of Free Trade Agreements on Information Technology Based
Business"
<http://ssrn.com/abstract=984864>