[OSM-legal-talk] Spanish Order of Ministry

Iván Sánchez Ortega ivansanchez at escomposlinux.org
Tue Apr 8 11:26:09 BST 2008

Good news, everyone!

I think I must be dreaming today. This is too good news to be true.

An Order of Ministry was issued yesterday:

http://www.boe.es/g/es/bases_datos/doc.php?coleccion=indilex&id=2008/06229&txtlen=1000

Basically, it is the data policy for the geo information made by the
spanish national mapping agency (IGN). And it looks very, very nice.

I really have to discuss the wording with a local lawyer. As far as I
understand it, some of the data is available on an attribution-only basis;
the whole rest is available for non-commercial uses.

Anyway, this is still good news even if the data is for non-commercial
uses. Take that, NMA's with restrictive licesing! :-P

Cheers all,
--
Iván Sánchez Ortega <ivansanchez at escomposlinux.org>

Un ordenador no es un televisor ni un microondas, es una herramienta
compleja.