[OSM-legal-talk] [OSM-talk] GSoC applications are in! MENTORS wanted

Tue Apr 8 11:31:36 BST 2008

Hakan Tandogan wrote:
> I am an self-employed Computer Scientist with lots of experience in
> databases and web applications. I live and work in Germany.

Hi Hakan (I can probably talk in German with you :-))

thanks for volunteering, I have accepted you as a mentor. You can now
click on any proposal you like and say that you are willing to mentor a
proposal (such as the geonames one). I can't enter info like this
myself. Google seems rather strict with this.

Honestly, I was wondering about the Geonames project application. I am
not sure (from a license point of view) that we can import Geonames
data, as they also require attribution.

spaetz

CC dev list to get some feedback on the license issues involved.