[OSM-legal-talk] Popper attribution on mobile map?

SteveC steve at asklater.com
Fri Apr 25 15:42:35 BST 2008

On 25 Apr 2008, at 10:28, Martijn Pannevis wrote:

> Hi!
> My first mail to the legal list, I'm mainly active on the dutch OSM
> list.
> We develop a mobile (and web) application, called Nulaz.:
> http://www.nulaz.com.
> It uses OSM data for the maps on mobile, as can be seen at
> http://www.nulaz.com/images/homepage/screenshot.png
> We currently say in the About menu that we do that, but it was
> suggested
> that we place a text on the actual map.

Martijn it wasn't just suggested, it was the chairman of the
foundation and the guy who started the thing so I'm somewhat
dissapointed that you've chosen this route. If you want to make it
concrete you should contact your legal team, a mailing list is not the
right forum for a question like this. We have debated it here in the
past and not reached a consensus (if anything, the opposite). With the
current license process this will also change. I will get this issue
raised as an agenda item with the Foundation board at our next meeting
and get back to you.