[OSM-legal-talk] Attribution "chaining"

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Tue Aug 5 16:15:44 BST 2008

Hi,

    if I offer processed OSM data on my web site for others to use under
CC-BY-SA: Whom do the others have to give attribution? I usually expect
everyone to retain the "OpenStreetMap contributors" message and leave me
  (or my company) out of the picture - but if I wanted to, could I also
ask everyone to give *me* credit and leave it to them whether or not
they mention OSM?

Or more generally, how does the attribution requirement of CC-BY-SA work
in a chain of derived works? Does everyone just attribute the previous
element of the chain?

Bye
Frederik