[OSM-legal-talk] OSM and Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5

Robin Paulson robin.paulson at gmail.com
Sat Aug 9 09:29:55 BST 2008

2008/8/5 Guillermo Sansovic <sansovic at gmail.com>:
> We have been offered a large POI database to include in OSM.
> The data in this database is licensed Creative Commons
> Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5.
>
> Are the licenses compatible?

as no-one else has stepped in....

this is more than likely compatible with the osm license - the one
used for osm data is Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0, a
slightly older version of the license your data is under.

however, osm may be switching to a new license in the coming weeks;
personally i'd wait till that's settled

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/License

has more info and links, plus some general advice