[OSM-legal-talk] Share-alike license for gps coordinates derived from OSM

Kari Pihkala kari.pihkala at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 12:23:11 BST 2008

Hi,

I'm creating a web site where people can set locations for places over a osm
map. I also allow public to download these coordinate sets freely.
I think according to your share-alike license the derived coordinates must
be under the same license (by-sa 2.0)? I'm ok about this.

However, people are also inserting additional information about these gps
coordinates, such as place names, address, etc.
As the data set is a combination of gps coordinates (derived from osm map)
and names, addresses etc. does it mean that the whole data set must be
licensed under by-sa-2.0??

BR,
Kari