[OSM-legal-talk] Mass import of TeleAtlas data

Albertas Agejevas alga at pov.lt
Thu Aug 21 14:59:03 BST 2008

On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 02:48:02PM +0200, Frederik Ramm wrote:
> Albertas Agejevas wrote:
> > I hope this is the right place for these matters.
> >
> > I have found evidence that user Pranas seems to have uploaded lots of
> > Google Maps/TeleAtlas data into OSM.  For example, look at this intersection:
>
> The right place would obviously be user Pranas' inbox. Have you at least
> made an attempt talking to him before demanding, in public, that all his
> contributions should be deleted?

Yes, of course I have contacted him.  He replied to my first message
in a couple of sentences, but disregarded the subsequent two.

Now I have found hard evidence (easter eggs, outdated streets) that
the data was ripped from TeleAtlas, and I'm not demanding that his
contributions should be deleted, but rather bringing my disturbing
findings to the public attention.

Albertas