[OSM-legal-talk] Mass import of TeleAtlas data

Brian Quinion openstreetmap at brian.quinion.co.uk
Thu Aug 21 16:21:53 BST 2008

>>1) Contact the user via their talk page with the evidence.  Be polite
>>- you might be wrong or they might have permission.
>>2) If there is no response (after 5 days) or you are deeply
>>unconvinced by the response post your evidence to the legal-talk
>>mailing list (or your country specific mailing list if you think this
>>would be more appropriate).
>
> I'd recommend an email to secretary at osmfoundation.org before spreading it
> about publically. We would rather we dealt with these issues quietly rather
> than making a big deal of them. As Frederik pointed out, in some cases it
> will be matter of educating the user. We would rather have users conforming
> rather than alienated.

I've added a modified text 'Suspected copyright infringement' to the
bottom of the FAQ page  (http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/FAQ).
 I don't think there is quite enough of it for a page of it's own but
if anyone disagrees it can be moved.

After the couple of comments it's new pretty generic but at least it exists.

--
 Brian