[OSM-legal-talk] Progressing OSM to a new data Licence regime

tim chippy2005 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 11:31:58 GMT 2008

Hello,

Few clarifications and questions about use cases.

If I distribute web mapping of my special company data and OSM, I
don't have to give my data back to OSM, right? In other words, there's
no requirement to distribute, but also, if the map images are
distributed, then it doesn't have to be under the same licence.

If I zip up the shapefiles used, and put them on my server for folks
to download, then these would come under the same licence and be able
for OSM to benefit from them?

How about putting my propriety data and OSM together locked within an
in-car sat nav system. Would this be classed as distribution of the
database? What should my company do in this case?

Tim