[OSM-legal-talk] Software under GPLv2 / v3

Fri Feb 15 11:32:39 GMT 2008

Martijn van Exel wrote:

> We're considering the agreement between NLNet and OpenStreetMap-NL for
> a €15k grant for software development.
> It states that 'This software platform will be built in open source
> under GPLv3 license'. It is pointed out that that may be too
> restrictive, as projects being included in the funding might already
> be under development under GPLv2. What do you think?

Just in case: if there's any work on Potlatch (which I doubt),
Potlatch is public domain, and I would obviously prefer that it stays
that way. So in the case of anything being added to Potlatch under
the GPL, I'll probably end up replacing it with a PD equivalent...
which would be a shame, as I'd rather spend the time adding new
features.

cheers
Richard