[OSM-legal-talk] Attempt to clarify

Stephen Gower socks-openstreetmap.org at earth.li
Wed Feb 20 21:51:58 GMT 2008

On Wed, Feb 20, 2008 at 08:51:21PM +0000, Gervase Markham wrote:

>                                       [...] OSM shrugs shoulders, says
> "Oh, well" [...]
>
> I might therefore conclude (and stop me if my logic is faulty)  [...]

  STOP! (faulty axioms)

  I think those advocating your "option 1" (and I'm still trying to
  decide what I think) believe that the fallout going from "option 2"
  to "option 1" will be messier than going direct to "option 1".

  I'm certainly inclined to believe, based on experience so far, it's
  not going to be a shrugging of shoulders.