[OSM-legal-talk] The "major contributions" argument

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at crschmidt.net
Tue Jan 8 08:49:11 GMT 2008

On Tue, Jan 08, 2008 at 09:33:21AM +0100, Jochen Topf wrote:
> One argument for keeping CC or go with another license that requires
> attribution is that some of the (major?) contributions we have seem to
> require that. We might loose MASSGIS or other imports.

I don't think "major" is the right word here. I'm expressing my desire
because it's important to me -- otherwise, my efforts at evangelizing
OSM in my local area will have gone to waste. I don't claim that this is
anything other than a personal preference, and I'm sorry if I made it
seem that way.

Regards,
--
Christopher Schmidt