[OSM-legal-talk] [OSM-talk] The OSM licence: where we are, where we're going

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Wed Jan 9 10:44:22 GMT 2008

Hi,

> Not to protect
> OSM from a "bad" project, but to protect people from a "bad" instance
> of the data.

Sounds like you're targetting individuals whom you do not trust to
make an informed choice.

I know that there are whole schools of philosophy reliant on the "we
know better what is good for the average man so we have to keep the
tempations away from him" but I don't subscribe to that.

You accuse Jochen of having an "ideological commitment to market
competition", but is your idea that the general population is too
stupid to decide for themselves whether they want to use the "free"
data or the "non-free" competition product any less ideological?