[OSM-legal-talk] [OSM-talk] The OSM licence: where we are, where we're going

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Wed Jan 9 19:53:55 GMT 2008

Hi,

> Rob and Frederik - I don't think it's too much of a leap to say that
> you're never going to convince each other. ;)

Yes but I always hope Rob's going to get tired at some point ;) seems
I underestimated his stamina though.

> If this rough view, however, does not settle so neatly, then the
> Foundation will need to decide whether it should embark on a formal
> consultation before the relicensing (maybe like the "poll" that some
> have mentioned); and the outcome of that consultation would affect the
> proposed relicensing.

I thought you might use the poll as a "straw poll" just to give you a
raw idea, instead of as a kind of "vote" late in the process.

> I should note that there's nothing[1] in this process that only the
> Foundation can do.

That may be true but being the outspoken PD advocate that I am, any
poll I created would either be biased or at least be *perceived* to be
biased, and thus worthless. It's not only that the Foundation alone
has access to all the E-mail addresses (btw: does it? and why?), it is
also that the Foundation would probably be trusted to create an
unbiased poll.

Bye
Frederik