[OSM-legal-talk] attributing cc by attribution data

Thu Jan 10 08:02:50 GMT 2008

Frederik Ramm wrote:
> I think we could create a new tag "attribution=...", and modify
> renderers to include a list of all "attribution" values. For slippy
> map displays this would probably require an extra server of sorts that
> returns a nice concatenated attribution string for any area. That
> server could be populated by t at h clients as they have the data anyway,
> or it could load stuff from OSMXapi.

I like the idea of an attribution tag and support it wholeheartedly. I
am not even thinking of slippy maps here, but this would enable us to
easily (and automatically) create a page with
"OSM contains contributions from the following entitites that asked to
be attributed:
Z..."

This list would differ from a list of all contributors to only those who
explicitly require attribution of their data.

spaetz