[OSM-legal-talk] Deriving data from Nestoria's OpenStreetMap

Tom Higgy higgy-lists at bandnet.org
Thu Jan 10 16:39:38 GMT 2008

Hi folks.

Just seen the post on opengeodata.org about Nestoria's entirely OSM
based site.

I'm now curious to know if people consider it acceptable to derive data
from the results of a search on Nestoria, such as street names,
postcodes, etc.

I'm guessing their data is derived from other sources, so probably not
usable, but it's always good to ask.

I've been having a few driving lessons recently and been taking the GPS
out with me. I'm able to pick up some detail, such as roundabouts,
junctions, where roads start/end, type of road, etc. The main thing I
don't have time/brainspace to pick up is road names.

--

Cheers,

Tom
- www.bandnet.org