[OSM-legal-talk] Temporary upload of sat images for evaluation (WMS)

Andy Robinson (blackadder-lists) ajrlists at googlemail.com
Wed Jul 23 17:46:06 BST 2008

Kristian,

I suspect that what you are looking for is permission from the commercial
partner to derive data from those images. This is what OpenStreetMap has as
an agreement with Yahoo! However to keep control of the issue the WMS would
need to be restricted in some way, perhaps by offering it as a layer in
potlatch.

Cheers

Andy