[OSM-legal-talk] Shipping OSM data with a commercial application

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Thu Mar 13 16:16:02 GMT 2008

Hi,

> Does the OSM allow me to convert and supply the data this way?

Yes.

> I would be more than happy to make the converted MapGuide data
> available for pubic access.

You must make sure that your converted data is licensed under CC-BY-
SA 2.0, and you must give proper OSM attribution.

> I think I should be able to pass the data on to my clients. But as
> soon as my clients use it for work and overly their data on it,
> will they have make their data available to the public?

No, as long as the data remains with your clients they can do what
they want. Only if they create something based on OSM data and
PUBLISH it, then the product must be licensed CC-BY-SA.

Bye
Frederik