[OSM-legal-talk] Please enable commercial use

Wed May 7 08:06:45 BST 2008

Nick Black wrote:
> Seriously, you can't actually expect OSM to change its license because
> of what a well-intentioned small company might do.

No, but as long as we can't even tell a company that might use maps in
their books on whether those books will be under the CC_BY_SA or just
the images etc., the viral nature hurts more then it helps.

We can't even tell them whether it's sufficient to print "(c) by OSM and
contributors" or whether they have to add an appendix with 10000 names
to each book. It causes unneccessary hassle and make the usage of that
data more difficult if not impossible.

spaetz