[OSM-legal-talk] Update to Open Data Licence page

Peter Miller peter.miller at itoworld.com
Mon Nov 3 11:59:56 GMT 2008

I have done some edits to the Open Data Licence Page. I have

1)      Created a 'See Also' section with links to other related pages (some
of which were listed previously in the intro paragraph)

2)      Edited the criticism section to make it clearer, to remove detail
and link to other places for that additional detail

I have also added a number of legal related pages to the legal category
including the 'Public Domain Map' and the 'Brief for Proposed OSM Licenece'.

I note that the ODbL Timeline page is out of date in that some task with 'TO
DO' against them are actually being done and that the last (and only) edit
of this page was back in early September. Can people (Tom/Steve?) please add
their names to work that they are doing and keep the page current.

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Open_Data_License/Timeline

This is all part of a general focus from my side to get the legal wiki pages
into better shape prior to any voting or requests for people to sign up to
it.

Thanks,

Peter