[OSM-legal-talk] Copyright of OSM-Logo

Jochen Topf jochen at remote.org
Tue Nov 18 17:25:35 GMT 2008

On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 04:52:32PM -0000, Peter Miller wrote:
> One of the concerns might be that the low membership base of the foundation
> would make it easy for 'bad-co' to dominate the membership and therefore
> control the voting for the board. I think we may need to address this at the
> same time as the foundation gains control of these core assets. Btw, is

Good point. Until now I have always hold back on applying for membership,
because I wanted to wait till it becomes clear whether it makes more
sense to become the member of a local chapter or directly a member of
the foundation.

But this might be the time for myself to apply for membership and to start a
membership drive to broaden the base to make the Foundation stronger
against the threat of hostile takeovers.

I looked on foundation.openstreetmap.org and am a bit confused as to the
process. I can't find a membership application form. The articles of the
association say the board needs to approve the membership. Is it enough
to just wire the money? And do I get it back if the application is
denied? :-)

Jochen