[OSM-legal-talk] FW: updated AGM pages for 2007 and 2008 and comments about minutes of foundation meetings in general

Andy Robinson (blackadder-lists) ajrlists at googlemail.com
Fri Nov 21 16:12:57 GMT 2008

-----Original Message-----
From: Andy Robinson (OSMF) [mailto:andy at osmfoundation.org]
Sent: 21 November 2008 4:11 PM
To: 'Peter Miller'; 'Licensing and other legal discussions.'
Cc: 'secretary at osmfoundation.org'
Subject: RE: updated AGM pages for 2007 and 2008 and comments about minutes

Peter Miller wrote:
>Sent: 21 November 2008 3:10 PM
>To: 'Licensing and other legal discussions.'
>Cc: secretary at osmfoundation.org
>Subject: updated AGM pages for 2007 and 2008 and comments about minutes of
>foundation meetings in general
>
>Firstly, a brief note to say that I have updated the AGM07 and AGM08 pages
>on the wiki to include any available details with regard to the event to
>which they refer (previously they indicated that the events were happening
>in the future):
>http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Foundation/AGM07
>http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Foundation/AGM08
>
>With regard to minutes for Annual General Meetings (AGMs) and minutes in
>general:
>
>1) I can't find the AGM07 minutes on the wiki or on the foundation website.
>Does anyone know where these can be found? Can they be loaded onto the
>Foundation website.

They should be available from the Foundation website. I'll check with Mike
and get that sorted.

>2) The AGM08 notes on the foundation website are still the 'Informal
>Meeting
>Notes' and no formal draft minutes have been published yet to my knowledge.

I have no plans to publish draft minutes of the 2008 AGM at the current
time.

>On the subject of minutes, it is good to see most of the minutes for the
>monthly meetings on the website. The only ones we are still missing are as
>follows:
>
>1) Jan08: Shown as 'will be provided shortly' on the Foundation website. I
>understand that they need to be scanned before they can be uploaded. I
>suggest they are uploaded as an image 'png' file.

And I will when I get to it.

>2) Aug08, Sep08: I understand that they will be provided 'on the next
>update' which will hopefully be soon.
>
>3) Oct08: I have asked when these will be available but have not had a
>response.

They are not approved yet. They can be made available once approved.

>Personally I am keen to see minutes published very soon after the meeting
>which they refer and I would encourage the Foundation to make all the
>outstanding meeting notes and the ones for the forthcoming meeting (on the
>25th Nov) available on the Foundation website within a couple of days of
>that meeting.

No plans to make any meeting minutes available until after they are approved
at the following meeting. That's the normal process for meetings as I am
sure you are aware. The speed at which they will be available will depend
upon availability of time. We are all volunteers here with a number of tasks
to cover so working to a strict timetable is not a realistic option.

>I am copying this post to Andy.
>
>Regards,
>

>Peter Miller

Andy Robinson
Secretary
OpenStreetMap Foundation
0777 553 7872
andy at osmfoundation.org

Name & Registered Office:
Openstreetmap Foundation
16 Oakfield Glade
Weybridge
Surrey
KT13 9DP
United Kingdom
A company limited by guarantee, registered in England and Wales.
Registration No. 05912761.