[OSM-legal-talk] Cloudmade

Nic Roets nroets at gmail.com
Fri Oct 3 20:24:48 BST 2008

I'm not too worried. Cloudmade received something like $2m at a time when it
was easy to raise money. So those investors may realistically expect to make
only tens of millions of dollars over the next few years. Compare that with
the $10b odd that TeleAtlas and NavTech sold for at the same time.

So Cloudmade do not need to do anything sneaky to make money. If they are
the first and only company to do a variety of things with OSM data add a
little bit of value with a little bit of proprietary software they may do
just fine. In other words occupy niches that FOSS does not intend to cover.