[OSM-legal-talk] Cloudmade

Adrian osmmail at ajw.me.uk
Sat Oct 4 00:11:24 BST 2008

> I'm sort of taking offence at your implied suggestion that there is one
> group of people who "give" to the project and another group, among whom
> you seem to count Cloudmade and would probably also count Geofabrik, of
> people who "take" from the project to make a business.

I'm sorry to have given that impression. I very much appreciate the
effort that Steve, Nick and everyone else has put into OSM, and I hope
that they, and you, are successful in making a profit from that effort.

This thread came about because I misunderstood the CC-By-SA licence and
because I perceived Cloudmade couldn't be bothered to address my concerns.

In the commercial world the data providers would take months pulling
apart a reseller's business plan. I think the OSM contributors are due,
morally if not legally, some of that respect.