[OSM-legal-talk] Licence brief/Use Case - final callfor comments

Peter Miller peter.miller at itoworld.com
Wed Oct 15 12:00:27 BST 2008

Fair point!

Let's just say that I am pretty much done on the Brief and Use Cases, and
SteveC has confirmed that he is meeting the new lawyer pretty soon and he
also mentioned that he will be using Use Cases in his brief to the lawyer
(and hopefully something like the proposed Brief as well but he hasn't
confirmed that to me or the list) and so it would be good to have any
concerns about the proposed User Cases raised before that un-specified date.
My experience is that setting a 'deadline' is a good way to get feedback,
even if the deadline it actually turns out not to be a deadline.

Without knowing what the actual date is (and I don't think SteveC knows that
yet) I suggest we work to our own timetable. If anyone wants to suggest a
better cut-off date then fire away, possibly Monday would give people more
time to respond because clearly no one is going to be talking to lawyers
over the weekend (that's really expensive!).

Let's not just let time slip by. As the saying goes 'Q:   How did this
project get a year late?   A: One day at a time sir!)

Regards,

Peter